Sunday, October 2, 2011

Betty Crocker

I have now deemed Sundays as my domesticated day of the week. Cleaning, laundry, baking and other household duties as needed. In an attempt to find different things to put in Rayna's lunch for snacks, I have decided to bake different kinds of muffins each week. I started out with Zucchini muffins, last week I made chocolate chip banana muffins and today, pumpkin muffins. Along with the pumpkin muffins Randy has asked me to make a pumpkin cream cheese roll. I have never made one of these before but it shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming.
While all of that is baking, I have vacuumed, laundry started, dishes done and helped Rayna clean her room. Needing to let the pumpkin roll cool before putting the filling in, we went on a family adventure to Bear Hallow Zoo and hiked on the Birchmore Trail. It was a nice short little hike. We could really see the effects of the drought with the little creek that runs through the trail. It was pretty much non-existent. So the kids were playing on the rocks of the creek bed. We had not been to Bear Hallow in a long time. It was the perfect time to go around 6 p.m. as the animals were pretty active. We actually got to see the bear cubs moving around and the bob cats. Dill Pickle the alligator was also moving around. We were able to see him swimming underwater with the turtles. I've never seen an alligator underwater. It was pretty cool to watch him through the glass, standing on his back legs with barely his head above the water to breathe.
Well I will have to say that my pumpkin roll turned out AWESOME!! I mean, it's pumpkin and cream cheese mixed together, what's not to love!
Here is pretty much the recipe I used. I did use a lot of the hints and tricks off the reviews that made it easier.
http://bit.ly/nqtvJB
Now I feel like fall has officially begun, got to wear jeans all weekend and the first batch of pumpkin bread has been made. Yeah, for fall!

No comments: