Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Time

Yes, it is a officially summer. Not quite sure how that happened. I swear we were just on Spring Break. Well we started our summer off with a bang, a road trip to my sister's house in Weslaco, TX. For those of you that are not familiar with how big Texas really is, Weslaco is on the Western border, way down in the toe. It took us two days to drive 1260 miles one way. You can actually see the border wall to Mexico from my sister's house. We had a great time visiting with family. We all came down to see my nephew graduate from high school. It hardly seems possible that he is going off to college in the fall. It seems like yesterday I was changing his diapers. So proud of him, graduating at the top of his class and scoring some scholarships along the way. Way to go Cameron!

We returned home to summer in full swing with 90 degree plus weather, swim lessons, gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do. So much for relaxing this summer!!! No rest for the weary or is that the wicked? :) You decide. Yesterday alone I drove 90 miles. Today was somewhere around 50 or so. Oh and this week the kids have vacation Bible school. It never ends, there is always something going on.
Right now I am listening to the thunderstorm outside. I love listening to storms. We really need the rain. I am pretty proud of the little garden we have planted. We have tomatoes, corn, carrots, and pumpkins so far. We even had some strawberries in the spring. I didn't think the strawberries were going to come back after Poppy mowed them over last year.

Well our next trip isn't until July. We are going to family camp at Colhutta Springs. I can't wait! A whole week of no cooking! Oh and of course I can't wait to show and share with the kids the joys of camp! I think this will be one of our best family vacations yet! We have one more trip planned right before school starts. We are going camping on the beach at Panama City Beach. We will be using Poppy's "bus" to came in. He has a little motor home that he is going to let us borrow. And we get to bring Bauer.

Of course every day is always a new adventure in the Gaytan house. Look for more summer adventures soon.
God Bless!

No comments: